Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11 Jan 11th 2010


So I am a chicken. Today was a total fire ban day and a forecast temperature of 43C - 104F so the current instructions are to have a fireplan and to leave early. Living at the top of the mountain I am finding that after the events of last summer that I don't feel as safe as I used to so today I left early and spent the day at a shopping mall catching up on a dose of chick flicks. Kept me cool and distracted and on the way home I snapped shots of the road as I scanned for signs of smoke. Can't wait for summer to end so I can get on with life.

5 comments:

  1. I really feel for you Sue, it would be awful on a day like today. What films did you see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, after learning from Jennylu and her girls about the bush fires, I can't image constantly living in fear of the Beast every summer. Stay cool and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your wish for summer to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's hope this Summer isn't as bad as last Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary stuff- must be a constant worry- what to take and what to leave.

    ReplyDelete